Hi there, I’m Suzanne! Welcome to Taking Little Bites, my little corner of the web to write about some topics that are of interest to me…and hopefully you as well! The title of this site reflects both the stage of life I’m in at the moment, in the care for and feeding of a small kiddo, and being as intentional as possible with my time.
Here are a few things about me:
I’m the mom of a very active preschooler that keeps me on my toes, and I have recently transitioned to being a stay-at-home mom for the time being.
I love food, and I love to cook and experiment in the kitchen. At the same time, the addition of a small person to our household means whenever possible, I am trying to keep things simple.
I’m also very much interested in how our outlook in terms of food, weight, and body image is impacted by societal values, and I am interested in exploring how this affects how we raise our kids and in particular how we feed them.
This blog will chronicle the challenges and everyday adventures in keeping our family fed, keeping myself fed , and having some fun with it along the way.
You might expect to find posts relating to…
- Keeping perspective on food, feeding and respect for all sizes in a world that often encourages just the opposite.
- How becoming a mom has changed my outlook and approach to food and cooking
- Kitchen and cooking tips I’ve found useful
- Meal and snack ideas and (hopefully!) inspiration
- Kitchen adventures wherein I try out a new cooking project
- Keeping up with a house and kiddo and how they relate to meal planning and feeding
You will probably not find…
- Posts on achieving ‘balance’ or preaching on the perfect way to cook, organize or parent. I love reading ideas posted by other bloggers and finding inspiration in what has worked for them. I love to write and I would like to share some of my own experiences and ideas here. However, they are just that – my own! Everyone needs to do what works best for their own lives, families and resources and I hope that message is reflected here.
- Perfect photos. This is not strictly a food blog per se, and I am not a professional photographer. Just someone learning as they go and getting a feel for the blog thing! I’m on a learning curve with photos and will probably be for some time.
Thank you for stopping by!